Carpenter/Skilled LabourApply Job ID JR-3152 Date posted 11/29/2022
Where Greatness Grows
The greatest achievements in history are borne from the greatness within people – where human potential meets vision, and passion fuels evolution. Unlocking this potential is the most important thing we do at Bird.
As a leader in Canadian construction for over 100 years, the impact of our team is etched deeply within the core of our legacy. Beyond Bird, this impact is felt in the fundamental aspects of our everyday lives. From the critical infrastructure we depend on, to the energy and resources that keep us moving - we are powering our communities and shaping Canada’s skylines coast-to-coast. Entrenched in the foundation of a culture built more than a century ago is an enduring quest to reimagine what is possible. Our impact is greater than ever, and we are looking for those who seek to redefine their story.
We are a dynamic team of over 5,000 with a range of professions, backgrounds, and areas of expertise. This breadth of diversity in people and opportunities is one of greatest aspects of building your career with Bird. Every trajectory looks different. At Bird, you hold the pen, and you write your story. As you unlock your potential, you are surrounded by a team that supports you every step of the way.
Be a part of our team, where we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the way we treat each other and our partners. You will build a career and long-lasting relationships based on respect, collaboration, and a solution-focused mindset. Bird is a place where you will unlock your potential and achieve your goals.Carpenters and Skilled Labour
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other materials according to measurements.
- Lay out floorings, roofing or walls ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Move materials around worksite and ensuring all tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up.
- Always follow site safety rules.
What We Are Looking For
- Proven experience as a carpenter.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to always follow safety guidelines.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- High school diploma or similar.
- Enrolment/completion or apprenticeship program recommended.
We Put Safety First
A healthy and safe work environment is non-negotiable. We build a culture of operational and psychological safety through engagement, learning and leadership.
We Lead With Honesty
We speak and act with integrity, clarity and care so people can trust our word and our work. Being honest means we can deliver the best outcomes and consistent results.
We Are Stronger Together
Success is a team effort. Our inclusive workplace enables our combined expertise, humility and creativity to unlock our greater potential.
We Are Driven To Do Great Work
We built our name on quality. We have a passion for excellence in our work and relationships that honours our businesses and our industry.
We Create Opportunity
Rooted in a solid foundation, we adapt and grow to face the future. We are committed to elevating each other to chart the best path forward in an evolving world.